Monday, July 19, 2010

Yellow Cab Pizza @ Ampang

It was a choice between JUICE anniversary at MOS and dinner with Tezt at Yellow Cab Pizza located behind Ampang Point last Friday. Obvious to the title, the latter happened. I was pretty amazed at their New York concept. Very cute and funky. Upon arrival I saw a few bikes painted with New York Yellow Cab concept in classic yellow and black parked in front of their outlet, and being me, I snapped a few photos of using my iphone. *so sad they turned out not quite up to standard

To my surprise, They actually have another outlet at Bukit Bintang. I've totally not heard of them in my life. I really like how they've designed their outlet. So back alley-ish New York cafe. Pipes here and there, brick walls with panorama pictures of New York city.

Their menu of pizza choices is actually painted on their wall in front of their counter. Pizzas are available in 3 different sizes ranging from 10", 14" and 18" *i know! bigger than my car rims even :S

yellowcabpizza-4

We tried 3 of their pizzas which were Manhattan (pepperoni with ham) , New York (pepperoni, ham, bacon!, onion, capsicum, herbs & spices in between) and Shrimp & Garlic (shrimp, garlic, onion, garlic, garlic, ..).

yellowcabpizza-1
Manhattan

yellowcabpizza-3
New York

yellowcabpizza-2
Shrimp & Garlic

They are all actually very delicious. So different from our normal Dominos and Pizza Huts. My favourite will be the Manhattan followed by Shrimp & Garlic. I didnt really like New York because of the Indian herb that they used. Some sort of the wood-like herb usually found in curries.

Total bill was MYR90 plus. A little bit more pricey than Dominos but if I were to choose, I'd still stick by Dominos because of their Puff Crust Pizza and their awesome Classified Chicken *must try!!

Yellow Cab Pizza @ Ampang
A: 41G & Mezzaine Floor
Jalan Memanda 9, Ampang Razali
68000 Ampang Selangor
T: 03-4251 2003
W: www.yellowcabpizza.com/malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment