Friday, October 23, 2009

Trapped. Elevator.

This doesn't really happen to alot of people. Probably like 3 out of 10 people in a lifetime. Unfortunately, I was the 1 in the 3 out of the 10 people.

So I had to work till about 7pm yesterday, finishing of some stuff. Finally got home after 45mins, grab my bag and files, locked my car, waited for the lift, out came an uncle carrying his granddaughter, into the lift I went and as my finger reached for the button of the floor that I stayed on, everything went black.

Trapped_by_Equador

In the beginning I just thought that the lights were faulty, so that was why the lift went black but as I fumbled for the light switch, I realised that there was no air coming out from the vents. Then I began to panic. It was completely dark and I couldn't see a single thing. I tried to look for my handphone to get myself some light, but it took me a while cos I was panicking. Got the light, pressed the bell signed button. Nothing. So I heard people outside talking and I knocked on the door hard so that people can hear me outside, plus I kept shouting "Hello".

I kept doing it but obviously, the people out there were so amused by the fact that the whole building blacked out that they didn't hear me. I still heard the uncle who came out before I went into the lift saying "Wah, I just came out and then black out already. So lucky!". I mean, Hello? I am still in the lift. Cant anyone hear me? So I tried calling my mom, and she didn't pick up. I tried calling again, and it was engaged. So I thought, I was going to die here and no one will notice that.

I felt the surface of the lift and I tried looking for the door. Felt a tiny gap in between the door and I tried to push it with all my strength. It worked! Moved a little, but I kept going until I can see something on the other side. At first when it opened, I was so afraid that I might see a wall looking right at me and if that happened, no matter how wide I push the door open, I can never get out. I was pretty lucky that the electricity cut off at a better time, and not when I am halfway up the building. Once I saw someone walk past I quickly threw my body and squeezed myself through the door gap and I was FREE!

No choice but to walk 7 flight of stairs. Already out of breath when I reached the 5th floor. Almost died when I reached my house gate. Mom opened the door and looked at me as if I was crazy. Then I scolded her for not answering her phone because I could have been trapped in the lift still. She was shocked because she said she didn't hear the phone. Anyhow, I was so glad that I managed to get out of the lift because when I came back from baby's house which was around 2am, the building was still black.

Imagine if I was trapped in between floors and nobody came for me and that there's no signal in the lift for me to call for help. Scares the shit out of me, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment