Monday, October 19, 2009

Celebrating My Twenty Third at Twenty One



Last Thursday, which was the day I turned twenty three, baby took me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday at Twenty One (which was really ironic cos I am twenty three) located along Changkat Bukit Bintang.

I've only been to Changkat once when Cynosure was performing at Cloth & Clef. It is actually a tourist attraction street, lined up with restaurants catering asian, western, fusion, middle eastern, korean, japanese, you name it, food.

Twenty One is a restaurant cum pub/bar/bistro. Restaurant downstairs, Bar/Pub/Bistro upstairs.



We were served with a complimentary starter. Home baked Bread with Olive Oil and some crunched nuts. Tasted really good. Never had anything like that before. The usual Bread with Olive oil is always served with Vinegar but crunched nuts? That's a first.



We ordered Mushroom Soup which they separated into two plates for the both of us. Even so, it was so full with mushroom and some parmesan crusted croutons that it was just enough to get our stomach started.

Since I wasnt that hungry because during the day, I ate Burger King at 3pm and had a surprise birthday cake session in the office. Will get to that later. Basically I was really surprised lah. Anyways, I ordered this dish called Grilled Chicken breast stuffed with Mushroom and some kinda cheese with Bak Choy and gravy at RM36.



I didnt really expect much from it because Normal Chicken Breast stuffed with Mushroom sounds normal. Even I can do that! But when I tasted it, it was simply amazing! The gravy tasted really asian, yet with a hint of western. Compliments to the chef!! I actually ate everything, despite being not hungry at all.



Baby ordered some pasta with smoked Salmon. Not bad but we've tasted better. I didnt really like Salmon, so I only got a taste of the Fettucini which didnt look like Fettucini, was alright. I still prefered mine! LOL!!



By the way, this bottle of Spring water aka Mineral water, costed us RM18. Made from UK. I love the bottle, so I took it home with us!

Dinner finished pretty early. I had an amazing night. Initially baby planned for us to grab some cocktails after dinner at the bar upstairs Twenty One but I was so stuffed that we called it an early night.


us us us !!!

For more photos, they are on Facebook : click here

Twenty One @ Changkat Bukit Bintang
A: 20-1 Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang
50200 Kuala Lumpur
T: 03-2147-0021

No comments:

Post a Comment