Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do NOT call me a House Wife

..all because I've had enough with people calling me that. I am not a house wife and just because I will be WORKING from home, doesn't make me a Siu Lai Lai or a House Wife.

The definition of a House Wife, is when you (female) are married and do not work AT ALL! Do not generate income for the house, just cook, clean, watch tv, chit chat on the phone, go shopping, sleep, swim, gym, and have all the time in the world to do nothing but all that and it is the other way round for me even if I am like mostly 24/7 at home does not make me a HOUSE WIFE! I work 24/7 ok, literally!

Here, I actually went to Wikipedia to search the TRUE meaning of a house wife so that in the future, if you so much so as open your mouth to call me a house wife, this is for you, in your face :

"Housewife is a term used to describe a married woman with household responsibilities who is not employed outside the home. Merriam Webster describes a housewife as a married woman who is in charge of her household."

Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment