Friday, April 22, 2011

Fifty Two and counting @ Flying Chillies

So last Thursday marked 14th of April, the exact date Titanic sank and the birth of my mom 52 years ago.

This time, instead of having Japanese, I suggested that we have a nice Thai meal at Flying Chillies, Gardens Midvalley Megamall.

We had Belacan Kangkong (my favourite!), Pandan Chicken (her favourite!), Omellete with little shrimps (his favourite!) and a bowl of Spicy Tom Yum soup (everyone's favourite!)

Moms-52nd-4
Moms-52nd-1
Moms-52nd-2
Moms-52nd-3

The bill came up to slightly over a hundred. Not too bad for 3 people. The food was really good! We enjoyed ourselves and had a few self portrait (now they call that instead of cam-whoring, they who? dunno?) sessions.

Moms-52nd-8
Moms-52nd-9
Moms-52nd-5

Then we walked around Gardens. Went into Sony because I wanted to check out the new Sony LCD Internet TV and while making my way to the TV section, I was pulled over to the camera section because something caught my eyes.

The new Sony TX10 in amazing blue! Spent almost an hour there because I was playing with the functions. I was so awed by the technology it has. The trainee, Ram was extremely helpful with every question that I bombarded him but I didn't really find the other guy whom I think is Ram's manager or supervisor to be helpful because he couldn't really answer my only question directed at him which was whether VGA is a standard 480 x 640 size and whether the TX10 holds that size for it's VGA option. You know what he told me? He said he doesn't know, can't check, told me I'll only know when I upload my photos onto my computer and if it is not that size, I can edit it by photoshop.

That guy has got to be kidding me because that was what he answered after I told him I have an online business where I take 100s of photos and he actually expects me to be intrigued by the camera if I happen to buy it and then find out if it is not the size I need, I have to go and upload all of my photos of the hundreds at photoshop and manually resize them to 480 x 640 one by one. What the ...

So I changed my mind about the camera. Decided to go find out more about it because I wasn't happy with that stupid supervisor's answer (he totally blew my happy mood from all the great answers his trainee gave me) as it showed me how lazy he was to GO AND CHECK THE SPECS OF THE CAMERA. You know why I said that? It was because I went home, went to Sony's website, checked on the TX10 specs and LO' BEHOLD! They listed all the sizes TX10 provided and I saw VGA (480 X 640).

IF I CAN GET IT FROM THE INTERNET, IS IT SO HARD TO GO TO THE FREAKING COMPUTER, MR SUPERVISOR AND CHECK IT FOR YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMER? NOPE! INSTEAD HE ASKS ME TO MANUALLY RESIZE THEM ONE BY ONE. GREAT JOB! STUPOK!

Anyways, forget that. I went to PJ Digital Mall during the weekend and got myself the camera in the colour that first caught my eye. Let me tell you, it was definitely love at first sight :D

To date, I am extremely happy with the camera. Takes absolutely amazing shots under low light, panaroma shots, underwater shots (yes! for my Redang trip next month) and so much more that I would have to tell you about it in another post dedicated to just blogging about how amazing Sony TX10 is :D

Moms-52nd-7

So stay tuned my maggots because I've got another round of Food Review coming up next Tuesday with the Malaysia's Hottest Bloggers and a night of endless fun at Hennessy Artistry next Saturday! Holler if you see me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment