Tuesday, April 5, 2011

and then there was that lock of hair

which isn't there anymore.

Ever since our contractor handed in our keys last Thursday, my blog has been totally abandoned (so is my social life). So, here I am trying not to feel guilty for not blogging enough, with a post that was due long ago.

Last Wednesday I went to my usual saloon, Curlers & Trimmers at Desa Sri Hartamas to get my hair snipped off. I tend to get a little bit frightened whenever I am due for a snip because I just love my hair too damn much. So in result to that, there's always these two voices in my head, going..

"Yes, it is time for you to have a new do"
"Nolah, your hair is nice already. Don't cut! You'll regret it!"
"Cut cut cut. You wanted to try something new and hair can always grow back to your desired length anyways"
"What if you don't like it? Cry max!"

Then there goes the third voice, which is mine.

"But but I want new look!"
"Then cut it!"
"But what if I don't like it?"
"Then don't cut it!"
"OMG OMG OMG!!!!!"

Seriously, what the eff right? I mean, this went on and on and on until the very morning I was due to the saloon at 11am.

To really ease my jitters, I had to tell myself to trust my stylist, Nani because she always does a great job. Never ever failed me. EVER!

One thing I love about Curlers & Trimmers is that they are extremely professional and the result of a new hairdo is mostly the way I love it. I've never really come across a saloon that I deem worthy of going to until I tried Curlers because I used to work just a few shops away and I usually go there for a trim.

What I love about them is that they do not try to make small talks with you unnecessarily, I usually hate it when some of the stylist at other saloons try that. I mean, I am not really a talkative person and when they try to talk to you, you know that they don't really give a damn about where you stay or where you work and how nice and wonderful your life is at the end of the day and it just irritates the living shit out of me that if they don't really bother anyways, why make that talk? So yes, I love Curlers for not forcing their stylists to make small talks with their customers.

Another thing that I love is how they are very detailed. Once when I had a badly cut fringe from this Korean saloon (never ever go to a Korean saloon!), I had to run over to Curlers for Nani to fix it. This was my first visit because I knew that they are professional and I just had to pay that extra bit to get my fringe fixed or else I'll probably look like some gone wrong wannabe china doll fringe person, when all I wanted was to have Katie Holmes' fringe T.T! and that was when I discovered Nani and the talent she possessed! She took about an hour to cut my fringe back to it's shape. An Hour! That is how detailed they are at Curlers. So after that, I vowed to myself to never go any other saloon other than Curlers and I have been sticking to that vow ever since.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. Yep, I had my hair trimmed (more like chopped!) last Wednesday. Went a little earlier than my appointed time and she was already there waiting for me :D Told her exactly what I wanted, and she started off with a hair wash.

It was by far the best hair wash I've ever had! Extremely good and relaxing. I don't mind just paying them for a hair wash, seriously.

hairdo

1 - After my hair wash, she combed my hair all down and started cutting! jeng jeng jeng!
2 - Finished snipping off most of my hair and it was blow drying time!
3 - I think she was a little bit shy because whenever I point my phone, she tries turning away. Either that, or she was just annoyed that I had to take a photo :/
4 - Almost done, now blowing fringe. Can't wait to see the end result!

hairdo-1
Then I squinted....

hairdo-2
and saw the length (please excuse my drastic expression)

hairdo-3
checked the length..

hairdo-4
and totally love it! LOVE IT!

So if you really want a good cut, make your way to

Curlers & Trimmers
No.62, Jalan 27/70a
Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur

Business Hours
Wednesdays to Mondays : 10am - 7pm
Closed on Tuesdays & Major Public Holidays

On going promotion
Mondays to Wednesdays : 20% discount

T : +603-2300 1938
F : +603-2300 1939
W : http://curlerstrimmers.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment