Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wanna know what being a hamster feels like?

Earlier today, I had an awesome time with the fiance, bunny and chris at the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta at Putrajaya.

It was drizzling when we reached the venue at 3pm. There were so many things going on that we did not know where to even begin. So, we walked aimlessly towards the crowd of people with our umbrellas and it wasn't a very pleasant walk. The roads were muddy and there were big puddles of water everywhere we wanted to step on.

As we were approaching the Hot Air Balloon section, we saw the sign that the balloons will be released into the air at 6pm so we had a long way to go. The extreme section was just down the hill from where we were standing, so we decided to check that out.

Hot-Air-Balloon-11-4
There were a few interesting activities that we came across but we decided to give this one a try because bunny was jumping up and down wanting to be a hamster for a few minutes of her bunny life. We got ourselves tickets for the Waterball ride and it was priced at RM20/ball with maximum 2 person/ball.

I didn't want to try it at first because the Waterball was actually a giant rubber ball thing, and we got to be inside and depend our lives on the durability of the rubber ball in the middle of the lake. Two reasons I was not convinced that it is safe. First, I can't swim so if anything happens, I will be trap inside a deflating ball in the middle of the lake. Second, I don't like the fact that I am inside something closed. Can you imagine yourself trapped inside a box or a transparent ball like a hamster? No, right.

Hot-Air-Balloon-11-1
So anyways, I told myself that it couldn't be that bad because people were having fun in that ball. Even an American chick was telling me how great it was despite she got a little dirty as she had to land on where her feet once was which was a little muddy. I gave it a shot and I can say that given any chances, I will never look back and say that I regretted giving it a shot because it was the best Hamster experience I've ever had.

Seriously it was the coolest thing on earth! The fiance and I were fascinated by how cool and fun it was. It is as if you are floating above water, how odd. If you were to go alone into that ball and float on the water all by yourself, trust me, it will be no fun at all. If you do give it a try, try it with a partner and roll it as much as you can and cause your partner to do cartwheels inside the ball. You'll probably have so much fun you don't want it to end. That was how I felt when it was times up! All we had was 5mins because there was only so much air it could store for us in that ball.

Hot-Air-Balloon-11-6
Well, today was something different as I experienced hamster life in a hamster orb for 5 mins and I would love to be a hamster again just for the experience!

Hot-Air-Balloon-11-3
Just by the lighthouse, we came across a familiar odour of animal shit and that was when I caught a glimpse of a few horses, so we made our way there. Being hamster for 5 mins just wasn't enough for bunny because at the sight of the horses, she wanted to feel what a real human would feel like riding a horse. So to be able to experience that, she went onto the back of a horse just like how a normal human would and had the time of her life for another 5 mins!

Hot-Air-Balloon-11-2
We then chilled in a cafe nearby, hoping that the drizzle will stop so that we could ride the paddle boat and catch the balloons at 6pm but the rain didn't stop and it was unlikely that they will have the balloons up today so we made our way back home.

Hot-Air-Balloon-11-5

All in all, it was a lovely day spent with lovely people :D

No comments:

Post a Comment