Monday, March 28, 2011

Bangkok Wasabe @ Kota Damansara

Along the second last row of Kota Damansara lies Bangkok Wasabe, an authentic Thai food restaurant which also serves Japanese Food, hence the second name of it's restaurant name, Wasabe (what a mouthful!).

Yesterday, at 230pm the fiance and I made our way to Kota Damansara to get our final bathroom accessories from Houz Depot and before we did that, we decided to have our lunch around the area as we did not want to visit Old Town for the 4th time for convenient sake as it was right next to Houz Depot.

The fiance suggested this really good Thai place that he has been to with his colleagues at Kota Damansara. Problem was, he forgot where and what the name of the restaurant was. So we rounded the place a couple of times and after (counts) 4-5 times of rounding the area, we found it situated in the middle of the second last row of Dataran Sunway. (I'll provide you with the address later, dont freak!)

So anyways, we finally got a parking and made our way into the restaurant.

Bangkok-Wasabe-2

A very lovely place. Quiet, simple yet thai-ish, nicely decorated and love the lamps they used (because we have them too!). Sorry, pictures are a bit blur because I was using my phone.

Bangkok-Wasabe-3
Bangkok-Wasabe-1

We went for their simple dishes, which probably cannot go wrong because we were starving as it was already 3pm once we settled down.

Bangkok-Wasabe-6
I had Thai Fried Rice with a sunny side up @ RM9

It was actually quite pleasant. There wasn't anything I dislike about it. Certainly tasted not bad, not that great either but .. like I said, it was pleasant. Just wished they could add little cutlets of chicken instead of giving me just 2pcs of prawns and squids each which I had to stinge on while trying to finish my rice.

Bangkok-Wasabe-5
The fiance had Crab Meat Fried Rice with a sunny side up @ RM9

I tried a spoonful of it and it was .. pleasant as well but he enjoyed it. Said they were very generous with their portion as it filled him up.

Taste aside, their prices are very reasonable compared to Flying Chillies, Amarin Thai, Good Evening Bangkok and some of the places I've tried. Apparently when the fiance came with his colleagues, they ordered a number of dishes to share and the tom yum soup was superb.

I'll definitely go back to try more of their dishes.

Bangkok Wasabe
No. 16-1, Jalan PJU5/15
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Business Hours
Everyday : 10am - 10pm

T : +603-6156 7078

No comments:

Post a Comment