Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Latest Recipe at Le Meridien @ KL Sentral

It has been such a long time since I've had a buffet spread for dinner. I think the last was end of year 2010 for Mei Yin's birthday at Jogoya, and I absolutely love eating at buffets because there's just so many dishes to choose from. Ask the fiance, I once jumped (literally) for joy when I found out that my family was having buffet at Prince Hotel for my birthday.

So since buffets are always promising, with varieties from all over the world, what's not to love?

Latest Recipe was recommended by Sue Lynn aka Bangsar Babe. She mentioned that the next best to Bossa Nova which was at Park Royal (closed) was Latest Recipe at Le Meridien and because it was near, I thought of bringing the fiance there for his birthday meal.

I did some googling on the place beforehand, wanted to check out the reviews but I was pretty surprised that I can't find many. So, I've taken the initiative to take photos of what they had to offer that night. Before I forget, do make reservations if you plan to dine at Latest Recipe because when I was there and I wanted to change my seating to the corner by the window, our host told us that the place is completely reserved, therefore I had to make do with the place allocated to us.

Chinese - dishes with white rice
Latest-Recipe-34
Latest-Recipe-11

Chinese - noodles
Latest-Recipe-29

Chinese - chicken rice, roast & steam chicken, dim sum
Latest-Recipe-28

Chinese - desserts, lotus dumplings
Latest-Recipe-19
Latest-Recipe-6

Japanese - raw slices, sashimi
Latest-Recipe-32
Latest-Recipe-31

Japanese - teppanyaki
Latest-Recipe-10

Japanese - sushi
Latest-Recipe-30

Western - bbq
Latest-Recipe-33

Western - bread, butter and cheese
Latest-Recipe-27
Latest-Recipe-9

Western - cold salad
Latest-Recipe-26
Latest-Recipe-20

Italian - baked cheese, potatoes, pastas
Latest-Recipe-12
Latest-Recipe-25
Latest-Recipe-8

Middle eastern - roast lamb
Latest-Recipe-24

Indian - all the curry dishes, briyani and stuff
Latest-Recipe-13
Latest-Recipe-23
Latest-Recipe-22

Seafood spread - clams, mussels, crabs, etc
Latest-Recipe-7

Soup of the day - herbal chicken soup
Latest-Recipe-21

Desserts - fruits, cakes, fondue, ice cream, waffles and stuff
Latest-Recipe-18
Latest-Recipe-17
Latest-Recipe-16
Latest-Recipe-15
Latest-Recipe-14
Latest-Recipe-5
Latest-Recipe-4
Latest-Recipe-3
Latest-Recipe-2
Latest-Recipe-1

My verdict : The spread was good. However I was more keen on western and Italian varieties but they are more focused on local spread like Chinese and Indian. There were a few dishes I found to be really good as I went back for another round but some were just alright. The best I've been to is still Shangri-La Lemon Garden for my birthday. I recalled enjoying the buffet there. The coffee was memorable as well. The waitresses/waiters at Latest Recipe were efficient. The only thing I didn't enjoy that night was sitting next to two coughing customers as I was trying not to breathe in too much, catching a cold is the last thing I really wanted.

After our meal, we were superbly stuffed! We couldn't even walk, so we headed down to Le Meridien's lobby to chill for a while.

KL-Hilton-2

We walked over to KL Hilton to check out the place. Came across this tank of fishes and was trying to take some pictures of the fish. As I was adjusting my camera settings, these 3 gold fishes swam towards me, kept looking at me as if I was something amusing and I caught them just as each of them had an expression of their own. So blardy cute, they are!

KL-Hilton-1

The pool was stunning at night! Couldn't help but wished we were staying there instead of just visiting.

Le-Meridien

I had a great time with the fiance there. Might be back to try a couple of other restaurants.

Latest Recipe
Le Meridien
KL Sentral
Kuala Lumpur

Prices
Weekdays: RM98 (adult) / RM49 (child)
Weekends: RM108 (adult) / RM54 (child)

Business Hours
Mon - Sun : 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm

T: 03-2263 7769

No comments:

Post a Comment