Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Subak @ Bukit Lanjan

Subak-7

We drove up to Bukit Lanjan to celebrate Valentine's Day on Monday. Baby decided to bring me to Subak, a nature-filled Western Indonesian restaurant. The place was situated slightly uphill and the best thing was, the air was really cool as it rained before and we were surrounded by sounds of nature as we dined.

Subak-8

It sort of has the same feel as when we dined at Tamarind Springs but with a laid back atmosphere. Their menu ranged from Western to local Indonesian dishes, so we tried both.

Subak-5

Well, for drinks we decided to share a coconut, priced at RM8 and it was more than enough, seriously! It was so huge, bigger than my face actually :P

Subak-4

For starters, we ordered Ayam Soto. I think it's Soto Ayam @ RM15-RM18. It was something different for me because I've not tried it before. It had a very kampungish taste to it. They were quite generous with the soup. One bowl was enough for both of us.

Subak-3

I ordered Grilled Rack of Lamb topped with Rosemary sauce and Spicy Potatoes as sides. It was priced around RM45-RM48 and it tasted really good. However it wasn't alot but it filled me up quite abit as I had starters first.

Subak-1

Baby ordered Seafood Aglio Olio. I think it was ranged from RM25 onwards. Did not really pay much attention to the price of this dish. I had a taste of it and I quite like it, especially the prawns. Boiled to perfection. Instead of the usual olive oil with chili flakes, it was topped with chili padi and seafood soup. Not bad at all.

Subak-2

After our mains, we decided to get their Chendol. It was priced at RM15 but it tasted like it was worth RM50! Ok I am exaggerating but it was THAT good! Extremely delicious with very strong gula melaka taste. More like gula Indonesia because it tasted even better than our gula melaka. It sort of had a rum taste to the end, but rest assured that for Muslims, this place is Halal. Just that the Chendol is to die for, really! For those who decides to give this place a try, do not go back without trying their Chendol!

If you are looking for a place to have a quiet meal, away from everybody and everything in the city, you may love this place. I don't really have any complaints of this place except that the waiters weren't really efficient. I've asked for extra spoons and tissues several times and they never came. It might be because the place was packed with couples that they lack the attention needed, but I wasn't too upset about it, for once!

Subak-6

Subak (HALAL)
A: Lot 3213 Jalan Penchala Indah
Bukit Lanjan 60000
Kuala Lumpur
T: 03.7729 9030
E: info@subak.com.my
W: www.subak.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment