Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ben's @ Pavilion KL

Ben's-9

Baby & I recently stumbled upon Ben's at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

We were there for a movie night out. Larry Crowne if I am not mistaken. Really good show. Anyways, we were looking for a place to have our dinner before the show and I wanted to try Ben's because I saw a picture of it on one of the "what's at Pavilion" sign.

Ben's-7

Upon entering Ben's, it was as if we were transported into a home. The place was decorated really nicely. Plush sofas, quirky decorations such as this humongous floor lamp, nostalgic photos in thick border frames all over their contemporary brick walls, warm lighting all around...and it actually reminded me of our home.

Ben's-2

It was close to 10pm when we were there and for a restaurant to be that packed, means the food is good and people love hanging out there. We saw plenty of after working hour crowd, enjoying late dinner with colleagues, friends celebrating at a birthday event, family dining with their loved ones, and foreigners just chilling.

Ben's-5

If you must know, Ben's is part of the BIG GROUP which also brought you Ben's General Food Store, Plan B, T Forty Two and Canoodling.

Ben's-6

We had a look at their menu. It was actually pretty impressive as they have soft shell crabs with all sorts. Like pasta, rice, salad..dishes you usually don't find at other restaurants. They have pretty much everything I love to eat there and it was difficult for me to decide what to eat.

Ben's-4

I finally chose Crispy Duck Confit Spaghettini at RM22.90 because the only one I've ever tried was at Delicious and so far that is the best because I've not tasted others before.

Ben's-3

They are extremely generous with their portion. I still can't compare with the one I had at Delicious because they both tasted pretty different. Except that I would say Ben's duck confit was really delicious. The texture of the duck was very tender and it was oozing with flavour. For those who love aglio oglio will find this to be quite tasty. Although it is mostly tossed in olive oil and topped with rockets.

Ben's-8

Baby opted for Ben's Cheeseburger priced at RM23.90. It came with REAL SESAME SEED BUN, unlike other restaurants where they top the burgers with lame sesame seed bun. Although I did not take a picture of it, these were real black sesames. Baby said the burger was good. I took a bite of it but I forgot how it tasted but I remembered it being good.

Ben's-1

Pavilion is not a place we often visit but if we do, we FINALLY found a place worthy of dinning. Why I said FINALLY? Well, because every time we are at Pavilion, we would take hours to look for a place to dine and 10 out of 10 times we were there, we ended up at the food court or at Friday's. So this time, we were pretty satisfied with our visit to Pavilion. :D

Ben's Pavilion KL
Lot 6.11, Sixth Floor
168, Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur

Business Hours
Sunday - Thursday : 11am - 10pm | 930pm (bar & kitchen last order)
Eve of P.Hols, Friday & Saturday : 11am - 12am | 11pm (kitchen last order) & 1130pm (bar last order)

T: 03-2141 5290 (Rahman/Lutfee)
W: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment