Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Review of The Other Guys

The Other Guys-1

"The Other Guys is a 2010 comedy film directed and co-written by Adam McKay, starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, and featuring Dwayne Johnson, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Eva Mendes, Steve Coogan, and Ray Stevenson." - taken from Wikipedia

I know it doesnt say much about the movie but this movie - A MUST WATCH MOVIE! At first I blew this movie off because I didn't like the idea of Mark Wahlberg to be in a comedy. Moreover, Will Ferrell's comedies are pretty much brainless but funny. I thought it would probably down grade Mark Wahlberg as one of the A-list action actor.

The Other Guys-3

It is a story of these two detectives, Allen Gamble (Will Ferrell) and Terry Hoitz (Mark Wahlberg). They were the most over shadowed officers in their department and most of the officers have no respect for them. When Detectives Danson (Dwayne Johnson) and Highsmith (Samuel L. Jackson), who were both heroes of the law enforcement team "accidentally died" during a pursue, the opportunity to outshine others was placed right in front of Terry Hoitz and Allen Gamble. Continue watching for the full story because that is all I will spill!

What I love about this movie is that not only it is hilarious, it was actually acted out in a serious manner which made it even funnier! Mark Wahlberg shown another side of him in this show which I've never seen before and trust me, he actually made me laugh and for the first time Will Ferrell put on a straight face while acting in a comedy This is not some stupid comedy movie, although there were some scenes which made me go WHAT THE..but it was actually so stupidly funny that it made sense! I know you don't get me but you'll have to watch to know. Besides, Michael Keaton's quoting lyrics without realising it was hilarious! Again, you'll have to watch to get what I am saying.

The Other Guys-2

What I didnt like about the movie was how they made Mark Wahlberg a little bit weird in character. I mean he was like the loser of the detectives. Something a fan of his might not love watching.

What to expect? An out of the ordinary comedy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment