Friday, September 17, 2010

The Review of Devil : The Night Chronicles

57916_433071537755_751202755_5309069_246942_n

I attended a special screening of the recent released movie, Devil (1st of The Night Chronicles) at Cathay E@Curve two days ago courtesy of Hot Magazine.
I happened to come across their shout out post on Facebook and was one of their lucky first 4 commentors which won me a pair of movie passes.

"Devil (also known as The Night Chronicles: Devil) is a supernatural thriller based on a story by M. Night Shyamalan, written by Brian Nelson, and directed by John Erick Dowdle. The film was released on September 17, 2010, and is the first of The Night Chronicles trilogy,[1] which involves the supernatural within modern urban society.

Five strangers are trapped in an elevator in a Philadelphia office tower. After many strange and terrifying things happen to the group, they realize the Devil is amongst them in human form." - taken from Wikipedia

Truth to be told, I have never been a fan of M. Night Shyamalan's series of film. I've watched The Village, The Happening and both of them had very good story build up but sucky endings. The worst part for all movie viewers to go through is a bad ending, or an ending which never ends or an ending which made no sense at all and M. Night Shyamalan has done it all for me.

Watching Devil was good enough to put my hopes up again for M. Night Shyamalan movies because I actually enjoyed the whole show. Well, a bonus as well when my seat was directly in front of the screen just 4 rows from the front. Imagine feeling everything there was to offer while watching a movie in the cinema. Direct screen where my eyes could not even focus on all four corners all at once. Sound blasting at my ears from every corner of the room. Excellent seat I had, watching a thriller movie. The only problem was, I closed my eyes when I know the scary parts were coming. No, actually I peeked between my fingers so I still know what was going on so that I can blog about this movie. It is really worth blogging about.

What I love about this movie is the suspense! However timid I may be, I absolutely love watching horror movie. It's the thrill of accelerated heart beat + suspense that keeps me interested. Throw me any supernatural films at any time and I'll watch it. My favourite will still be Constantine. Nothing beats Keanu Reeve in his bad boy white shirt loose tie attire fighting the devil. Anyway, back to this movie. There was a saying that when the Devil plans to collect souls of the sin, he will group them up together in one place and torture them one by one and leave the last one to be tortured in front of his/her loved one. I had trouble pin pointing who was the Devil in disguise in the show and was pretty sure of who it was after that but was blown away when the Devil revealed itself. Absolutely brilliant!

What I didn't like about his movie was the fact that innocent people who were helping out need not die. There was also a saying that the Devil kills those who are in his way. I didn't like the look of the cop. OK that is irrelevant but seriously, the only cute guy was aka Ryan Phillipe lookalike! Other than that nobody else but yes, we are watching a movie created by a genius, not to watch the leng chais acting in it. Anyway, there wasn't much I didn't like about the movie.

What to expect? Alot of heart stopping suspense.

Give this movie a shot because I truly loved it. Enjoyed every minute of it and make sure that if you do watch this movie, pick the scariest seat in the cinema which is the front few rows. Guarantee to scare you to the max! Get your money's worth, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment