Monday, January 30, 2012

The one who sang a silent song

DSC06477

ALOHA!

As you've recently noticed (or not), my titles are inspired from song lyrics and today's "the one who sang a silent song" is from Cloud Cult's The Deaf Girl's Song.

DSC06474

Just a few days ago, I stumbled across this really awesome coffee joint at Damansara Perdana. Decided to check it out with my other half and found out that this place is actually a Deaf-in-Business project called Coffees of Hawaii.

"....featuring the best coffees and tisanes (herbal tea) from the islands of Hawaii, our team is also equally unique: 95% of our staff are deaf/hard of hearing. All of them do not have any experience as a Barista and neither do they have any restaurant experience. But...what they have is the eagerness to learn, to work hard to ensure a better future for themselves and their families." - taken from www.dibcoffeesofhawaii.org

DSC06489

I simply love the place. It felt so relaxing, drinking my cup of coffee, chilling and having a good conversation with Hawaiian music in the background. Certainly gives a more out-of-the-city kind of environment.

DSC06475

All of their staffs are very efficient, even when they only communicate with us through sign languages. We literally got everything we asked for, and compared to all those other foreign Bangladeshi employees that are hired at other restaurants who are able to speak, I'd say this place has excellent service!

DSC06476

Now, the coffee! Have you ever heard of cherry coffee beans? Apparently they are the only coffee beans available in Hawaii because Hawaii is actually a volcano that is made into an island (if you didn't know) and the soil is filthy rich! Hence, the existence of Kona Coffee.

DSC06478

I tried their Cappuccino and it was really really good! I was actually surprised because I was a little bit skeptical with their coffee. In fact, I am always skeptical with new places as I am quite particular with my coffee. I like it not too bitter, not too light, not too thick, not too thin. So, this one was just the way I love it! Exactly not too bitter, not too light, not too thick, not too thin but just nice.

DSC06486
DSC06480

Baby ordered a sandwich (egg mayo) and a cup of ice coffee + chocolate which I didn't try because I didn't want to jeopardize the awesomeness of how my coffee tasted.

I would actually love to visit this place everyday for my coffee fix but it is just too far for me, so if you are around PJ area, give it a try!

DSC06492-1

DIB Coffees of Hawaii
11-A-1, Jalan PJU 8/5A
Bandara Damansara Perdana
47820 Petaling Jaya

T: 03-7710 4752/ 3152
W: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment